so my husband is the KING of what ifs. he enjoys throwing them out there and he knows that i usually roll my eyes and question why he would even bother thinking about that possibly happening. ha ha... we are so different and i love it!
but the LORD has been throwing some what ifs my way and i've had to question some things...
1. what if i admit my needs to others and allow the body of Christ to be our hands and feet during this time. what if that helps others step into a role of blessing and motivates me to continue in the same pattern? (I peter 4:10-11)
2. what if cleaning the house (or in our case, our room) isn't so it can be spotless and i can feel accomplished/proud of myself. what if i do it so that our family can ENJOY it? you know, lincoln log, CARS cars, barbie kind of enjoy it!!?? (2 cor 10:17-18)
3. what if i can't meet the needs of my family the way i wish i could? what if that is how it is suppose to be? what if, instead, i show them that my weakness is made perfect in HIM and it is ok to admit that i can't do it, but show that i have faith that HE can (2 cor 12:9)
4. what if play dates are not JUST meant to be fun for my kids or bring me a much needed break. what if play dates aren't about me at all?? what if i spent time with people because i want to know them well and love them often and i want to show my kids how you do that (phil 2: 3-4)
5. what if showers and workouts and quiet moments aren't something i am entitled to? what about those without running water, homes, and bibles? what if i lavished in those moments (few as they may be) remembering that i am beyond blessed to have them at all?
ahh, what if?? have any what ifs of your own this week? i would love to hear them! may the LORD be speaking to you in new ways and may you have ears to hear (matt 11:15)