Monday, February 22, 2010

back to my kinder days...

UPDATE:
although my heart was in the right place, my mind was NOT and i misspelled sweet Reese's name in this post and in the shaving cream... i will make another one soon! sorry to Katie and her family! i know the Lord heard my prayers despite my inability to spell!! :)

there are some days when i just miss being a kindergarten teacher!
we spent a dollar today... and did this! it was sooo much fun!

we printed letters... spelled our names... drew pictures...
and i managed to squeeze in our verse for the week (i realize that i forgot to post letter F last week... i will get it up soon.)
after allie wrote her name and i wrote the verse, i instantly thought of my faithful sister in Christ, Katie, and knew it was not a coincidence... i said a prayer for her and wrote reece's name in the shaving cream for the name gallery that Katie has. you can read her story here. we love you katie!
when it looked like caleb was going to call it quits, i threw some blocks on the table and that was AWESOME! they played at the kitchen table for over an hour today AND my house smells good!
what does a one year old do while all this fun is being had? play with blocks in the floor!

7 comments:

  1. you are a BRAVE momma!!! looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you get the blocks in shaving cream idea from that sheet i gave you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes!!! i totally did! i had just read it that morning... didn't really think it was going to be as big of a hit as it was! love that packet of info by the way... thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you friend for remembering Katie and Reese - for loving her and praying for them. Your heart is so big and you are willing to love those that are precious to me. Stay tuned, Katie will have big news to share soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! Your blog makes me super excited to be a mom one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun!! I cannot believe little Riley is ONE!! Oh dear...I need to see those sweet kiddos soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you liked the packet. I wouldn't think the blocks thing would be such a big hit either, but the ooey gooey lady said that when she did it with her students, they made a whole village in the yard and kept building it for weeks!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive