Tuesday, January 25, 2011

scrapbooking CRAZY!!

this past weekend i had the AMAZING opportunity to escape routine life and attend a scrapbook conference at pine cove. yes, it was just up the road, but it did not matter one bit... i loved every minute of it! Although i'm planning on making digital books of this blog, i still want my kiddos to each have a book of special memories and notes that is theirs to have.

one of the blessings of being so close to home is that i had a sweetie husband and precious children sneak into my cabin and leave flowers and a thank you note. it was truly one of the kindest gestures and i never saw them... so sneaky!!

i look wiped out in this pic... oh, well. i am 8 months pregnant, had stayed up till midnight the night before, and had nausea most of the weekend... you'll forgive the tired eyes, right?

these are my friends laura (from up the road) and ashley (from carrollton). they came for the craziness as well. we had so much fun stepping away from the mommy role momentarily to visit and laugh for 48 hours! i LOVE these girls and we want to make this a yearly event!

sonic was hit up SEVERAL times during the weekend... which probably contributed to my upset tummy!ash and i snapped one more going away pic before she hit the road. we just don't EVER get enough time together anymore. anyone else feel that way? when you're younger you live with your friends, work with your friends, play with your friends and then you grow up, move away, start families and miss those BIG chunks of FRIEND time! i love you, ashley and miss you more than you know! ;) thanks for making the trip!
don't know if we can rope anyone else into our nonsense of a weekend, but if you think your game save $12 a month and we'll see you next january!

3 comments:

  1. OK, I'm clearly emotional and tired since I teared up while reading your blog. Thanks for your kind words sweet friend. It's never long enough, but I'll take what I can get these days and soak up every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got some much needed R&R....oops, guess you didn't really get much rest from the sound of your busy week-end....so maybe I'll just call it S&R time (scrap and relaxation time). It is great to see pics of you and your friends. I only got a "hint" of seeing you & Griffin @ eight months. Feel up to sharing a full shot of you on your next blog??? You look great and I love that Lancer and kiddos surprised you. That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If is wasn't so far I would be there!!! When is it next year? And I will see if I can pull it off. How long is the drive...you think?

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive