Thursday, January 6, 2011

my thoughts...

just living day to day and missing our daddy, husband, and bestfriend.

i'm trying to get back in the habit of being in the word after a hectic, hit or miss, month.

about an hour after lance left, riley tripped and slammed into the bunk bed, cutting his eyelid and giving him a lovely black eye... today in walmart, i felt as though people thought i abused my kid - "oh, my??? what happened there??"

caleb just came down with fever... 102... ugh! looks like we'll be sittin' tight for the next two days.

my mom is here enjoying the kids and helping me stay moderately calm. the nights are the hardest and it is so nice to have company and someone to laugh at the chaos and remind me that it isn't major.

my heart is still filled with hurt for my friends and the loss of their little guy. i find myself praying often, yet not knowing what to say.

griffin feels as though he is carving his name in my belly with his knees and gets hiccups FAR too often. he's getting BIG and keeping me up at night, but i'm growing quite fond of him! ;)

i've recently become addicted to redeeming love by Francine rivers... i know, shame on me... i have never read it until now. and, yes, it IS amazing!

now that i've bored you with what clouds my mind most days... i'm off to finish the book! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mandy, I know that it is so hard when our husband are gone, but it does make me so happy and appreciative when I realize how AWESOME they are! And Redeeming Love is AMAZING! I am about to start reading it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your mom is with you. And I am always "behind" on the Rivers' books. I LOVED Redeeming Love too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys are doing better, with no more mishaps or illnesses. You are more than 1/2 way until your guy returns. Hang in there! I'm praying for all of you and for the Pine Cove teams as well.

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive