Thursday, January 27, 2011

just the girls!

have i ever shared my allie delima?

she is independent and way too much like me.

so out of all the relationships in our family we tend to challenge one another the most. it has been a prayer of mine for well over a year that the Lord would be gracious enough to help us build bridges with one another and not walls. His first step in answering that prayer has came in the form of this baby i carry, griffin. God saw it fit that allie and i would have a SPECIAL bond, not to be duplicated by any other child in the family. And so it has begun... Girl Time!
Just HER,
Just ME,
Just US!
it doesn't matter what we do, but we do it together!

this week she skipped her "rest time"(shhh... don't tell the boys) and we cooked!

she smelled it all! and talked about all the ingredients!

she did all the pouring, stirring, and rolling of the meatballs!
we had such a good time. she is terrific in the kitchen. she can crack eggs, measure liquids... she even did the dishes!

we had a great time and i look forward to more afternoons with my GIRL!!

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute and so special ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Allie looks so grown up in this picture! I'm sure you are appreciating the help and quality time with your "not so little anymore girl" I'm impressed that she even does the dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWwwwwwww. I agree w/ Ashley, Allie DOES look so grown up! She looks like she was having a great time and it doesn't look like she spilled a drop! Way, to go girls. Happy bonding while you "cook up" memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! You know how close to my heart this post is! Ems and I just planned a trip to Owasso for the two of us! Allie is so blessed to have you as her intentional mommy! (Intentionally seeking God, intentionally building bridges with her little girl, intentional in so many ways!) Love you! Sab

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a big girl! Precious memories in the kitchen...I still cherish that time with my mom :)

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive