Wednesday, July 28, 2010

mandatory

recently i had an experience that i believe should be mandatory in the life of every mother!
i had a get away.
nothing fancy...
just a 24 hour absence from all responsibilities.
no husband,
no children,
no cooking,
no cleaning,
no training.....
just plain and simple rest!

although it may sound strange... the fact that there was a QT at the exit to my hotel was sooo exciting! i love everything about QT... the cookies, the drinks, the coffee! amazing!

this is the pic that best describes my time... me and my friend ASHLEY chillin' in a hotel room doing a whole lot of NOTHING! well, not completely... we did ALOT of talking... we are all caught up. can i just say that it has been about five years since i have had an uninterrupted conversation with this sweet friend and it was MUCH needed!

and of course we took a midnight run to taco c... i mean, i'm pregnant, right?

i ended my trip with a short stop to see this cute family! this is my cousin, greg, his wife, keri, and their NEW baby, london! so exciting to see them with a new little one!

so, there you have it! go on, momma...
plan a get away - use me as your excuse...
believe me, it is worth the effort... you need it!
i did too.
and, i am a better momma today because of it!

**Thanks to our husbands/friends that made this 24 hour retreat happen! It was refreshing!!!**

4 comments:

  1. I am fortunate enough to have a group of girls that I retreat with each summer. You are so right, we NEED it! It is so beneficial for our families to have a mommy who is relaxed and refreshed...ready to take on the world when we walk through that door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was sitting right in the middle. Tell me you at least talked about me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hip hip hooray, for the get-away! and Taco -C...'nuf said ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got away!!! I was away all weekend in Austin with some friends and loved every minute of it!!

    Andreia

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive