Thursday, July 22, 2010

Grandma

We attended lance's grandma's funeral today.
It was a celebration of a life lived to the fullest!
In her life she taught her kids and grand kids to show hospitality to all and to "live it up" when at all possible.

In her death she reminded me that I can not be with my children forever, but the legacy I leave them can go on. With that in mind, tonight, I held my children close and prayed that if they see nothing else in my life... I want them to see a woman that unashamedly LOVES JESUS with all she has. May God show favor to continue a legacy that began far before I was a mother. Many ladies have come before me in the Sisco heritage and to each I'm grateful... may His name be honored for generations to come!

We love you, Grandma! We love you, GG!
We know you are "living it up " in His presence!

3 comments:

  1. what a legacy to tell your children about! i'm so thankful for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to keep us all in focus. What a legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been and always will be one of my favorite pictures of my Mom. Still experiencing a "blur" of emotions here, all while trusting God and knowing that she is at peace and in a better place. We're so thankful for all our family and friends and above all, God's grace and comfort during this time. Thanks so much for this blog tribute. We are still receiving compliments as to Lance and Stacey's comments at the service. Your sweet spirits, kind words filled w/love are so appreciated at this time. Thanks to Jesus, and a life well-lived, we WILL see her again. Love to all, Mom S.

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive