Tuesday, July 13, 2010

confessions of a mother

part two

I got in my car that fatal Saturday, put my head on the steering wheel, and began to sob. I was overwhelmed by the events that had unfolded, but even more upsetting was the deep intuition that lurked within my mind. For almost two weeks I had the unsettling feeling that I was in fact pregnant.

the Lord and i exchanged words that day, but His voice spoke soft and sweet... "I have this, Mandy!" so I dried my tears, reassured my children that mommy hadn't completely lost it, and drove us home.

Three days later I convinced myself (with a little help from a friend) that 14 days late did mean it was well past time to take a test. I woke up that morning, tinkled on a stick, confirmed my anxious thoughts, hid that stick, and left the house in utter disbelief. oh, that's right, i did not mention one word to lance about the news, but instead thought denial was the best policy!

The same evening, just the two of us were headed to dinner and he (wouldn't you know) began a conversation about kids, pregnancies, etc. Toward the end of what we were discussing he said, "It is times like these that I am so glad we are done" and then lovingly looked toward me for confirmation. of course, I did what any well meaning wife would do and blurted out, "I am so pregnant!" He thought I was kidding and apparently needed more convincing so i said, "No, I mean it. I took a test. It was positive. I am so pregnant."

Needless to say the last week has been lance and I wrapping our minds around a different year than we had anticipated. And before the jokes begin you should know that we are well aware of what causes this and birth control was in place! Although we are in shock and in utter dismay that the Lord would think this a good idea, we know His plans always succeed. We are standing on His Word and claiming His promises daily. He has much to teach us about being flexible to what He desires for our lives.

The big kids are thrilled. Allie has kissed my belly at least ten times today and wants the baby to come tomorrow. And Caleb's exact response was, "This is awesome!" So who can argue with that?
This is awesome!
Thanks to the Lord for giving the perfect gift that we didn't even know we wanted!

12 comments:

  1. All 5 of us are so completely over the moon with our baby, always meant to be...her big sisters adore her, cannot imagine our lives without her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love yall and I'm so stoked for you guys! The Lord knows what He's doing when he puts another precious one in the hands of the Sisco's! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Because of your great compassion You did not abandon them in the desert. By day the pillar of cloud did not cease to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take. You gave Your good Spirit to instruct them. You did not withhold Your manna from their mouths, and You gave them water for their thirst." -Nehemiah 9:19-20

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

    Seems to me that the LORD trusts you and Lance as well, by giving you another blessed gift to add to the family. Love to all! Caleb man, you're right....this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you guys! Brad and I still are in disbelief about Rhyder (our bonus baby). Can't imagine life without him now. God definitely has a better plan for us than we can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAHOO! His ways and thoughts are not ours... thank goodness! Praise God that He's in control instead of us. I have a feeling that He has BIG plans for this little one.
    I love how the kids reacted!!! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS! Oh my goodness, I cried when I read this. Thank you for being so real! Its refreshing. It was great seeing you Sunday, even for that brief moment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Sisco's! God has entrusted you all with another precious one! I agree with Ashley...I know that God has amazing plans for this little guy or girl to use him/her in a big way! I was an unexpected 4th child, and my parents are so thankful that God's plans were higher than their plans! Love all SIX of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hip-hip-hooray! Congratulations, sweet friend! Thank you for your honesty about the last few days and posting it for us all to share in and pray for. We love you and are truly excited. "Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name be the glory..."

    ReplyDelete
  10. MANDY AND LANCE ARE GOING TO HAVE FOUR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH, that's so great. Greatest thing ever! They're so close and so precious. I can't wait to meet the new one. Wow, FOUR KIDS! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! That is amazing! I am so excited and happy... and I am just thinking about how incredible you and Lance are... and if anyone can pull this off with FLYING COLORS... it is you two! This little one is in for such a treat getting a family like yours! Keep us posted! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Mandy!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited for you guys. I grew up as the oldest of 4 and loved it! It was chaos but I loved it. Our #4, my youngest brother, was a surprise but we'd never want it any other way! So happy for ya'll!
    ~Breck

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive