Wednesday, September 22, 2010

frozen supper club

I made two pots of this (gumbo):


and got this (manicotti, chicken bake, and chicken fried rice):
three other girls and i just started a frozen supper club. last week was great and i'm looking forward to this week. basically we quadruple a recipe (so that we have one for ourselves), freeze it, and switch meals on wednesday mornings. I love having options in my freezer on stressful evenings AND I only cook three to four times a week.... wooohoo!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I got to be there to enjoy some of the first week's meals and they were awesome. I think this is an amazing idea. Kudos to all you wonderful cooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of starting one here but we will only meet once a month. Yeah for planning ahead! Miss you. I hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive