Wednesday, August 26, 2009

shipwrecked?

the past three days have me really thinking about chapters 27 and 28 in acts. you know when the apostle paul is stuck on his boat in a storm for 14 days and then shipwrecks and then gets bit by a snake. i'm sure he was thinking, "ok, Lord, when does it stop?" and i'm asking the same question. many of you already know that caleb broke his leg on our vacation last week. he had a tricycle accident. i still want to tell whole story, but i'll save it for a later post. here is a pic of caleb with his new GREEN cast and a train set that his gigi bought him out of sympathy!

on tuesday i was just figuring out how to best "do life" with two non walkers and allie. riley was running a fever and lance left town that morning so i decided we would stick close to home. we played cars, blocks, trains, play dough and watched one show to make it to the lunch hour. after lunch, everyone napped hard and woke up around 4. around 4:30 a storm blew in rather quickly. i was in my bedroom and all three kids were playing in the living room when i heard a noise that sounded like every window in the home had burst. all three kids began screaming (especially caleb b/c allie ran off and left him scooting in terror). i came running around the corner afraid that they would be running through glass. in my rush to scoop everyone up, i didn't see any immediate danger. i put them all in one bed and looked out the front window. i have never heard anything that horrific and my heart has never been racing so fast. my first thought was that the garage had exploded b/c there was scraps of wood laying in the front yard and flowerbeds. then i saw this...
doesn't look too bad, right? that is what i thought... "big deal... the tree was struck by lightening... man, that was loud!" then i began to find more things...
somehow three of our garage door windows shattered and...

oh, yes... the back of our murano! i have no idea how this happens when your car is in the garage with the door shut??? we've called all the right people and we are working on getting things fixed, but with the car and house under different policies we won't meet our deductible on anything. i told lance that i keep waiting for the blessing in all this and he had a great response. he said, "the blessing is that everyone is safe and now the Lord just wants us to trust him!" amen! but if i could ask one favor of all my sweet friends and family... please pray for our spirits. the last three days have been so exhausting and if our story is anything like paul's... it is going to get worse before it gets better! thanks so much! i'll tell the caleb story soon!

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! Mandy, I am just blown away! I am so glad you all are safe, but I know this is a lot to go through. Hang in there girl... blessings are around the corner... and they are probably really awesome! I can't wait to read about them on your blog soon! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm so thankful that you are all safe. The pics are unbelievable and I'm so sorry. Mandy, I'm glad you still have your sense of humor tho ...... poor Caleb scooting in terror, was a little hard for Grammie to think about. Blessings will come soon.

    Psalm 31:24 Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that HOPE in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mandy! All I can say is God is stretching you for a reason - and it must be a big one! And here I am complaining because Rachel has a fever and is not sleeping well - you always put things into perspective for me. HA! :) Love you friend - "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not too long ago, you said these words to me..."I don't understand why God has to keep teaching you the same lesson over and over Ashley!" Well, I think we now know that HE had a perfect plan and we get to meet her in five months!

    Hang in there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy!!! I just wish so bad that I could be there to help or give you a great big hug! Sorry it was so rough...if I was in Tyler I would have at least brought a giant Sonic drink by to you...that makes everything better. Really, really, really can't wait to see you!!! 2 weeks. Love you, miss you, and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive