Friday, October 22, 2010

allie's room

sorry to keep you waiting. allie is feeling better and the whirlwind of last week is now over.
here are some highlights of her room...

remember the bedding was from the CCC sale and it inspired all the colors in the room. i let allie pick her four favorite colors to help us accent. she chose berry patch, twist of lime, cool pool, and smokin' orange. she uses her magnetic boards for pictures and special things she makes.

the book rack was a great $8 find at a barn sale. it is an old hymnal holder that i painted.

the shelf above the bed has several little special things. i'm hoping to paint the words "sugar" and "spice" on the two pink buckets soon and the piggy bank is from one of my baby showers. the teddy bear was her first stuffed animal and from her uncle kent.

on this side is a clock, an OSU cheerleader doll from Grammie, and this precious pink, paper flower that my friend, brooke, made for the latest shower we hosted.

next to her bed is a dresser that lance remade and refinished to match the bed. it was from GG's house and a super special addition to the room. click here to see the before. the mirror got a make over and daddy brought her those roses when she was sick! :) i made the girly hooks to hold her accessories. you'll see a third one up close.

on the opposite side of the room is where Griffin will be once he starts sleeping through the night. there is also a desk for allie to do her "school work" on.

here is a closer look of the canvas. i bought and painted it and my mom purchased the letters from uppercase living.


here is the detail of her school table... i have to give credit to lil blue boo. i stole the design from her!
the last little touch is the third hook that hangs by her door. she keeps her ballet things in there so she knows just where it is!

well, that's it... nothing super incredible, but we like how all our little finds have come together to give her a special place. let me know what you think!

10 comments:

  1. Mandy, I love it all - all the little details, colors, keepsakes. So creative! You've got to show me how to make those hooks. I can only imagine how much Allie is loving her "girl room"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your comment on my blog...and laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet room for a sweet girl! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book rack is pure genious! I can't wait to find something similar to make one for Gabe's room. Or maybe for myself in the kitchen...for my cookbooks. Oh, yes I see lots of good uses.... Allie's room looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute room for a special little girl. We love it! I bet she's so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet :) i'm beyond impressed with lance's furniture building! i mean, really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO impressed Mandy!! Allie's room is incredible!! I love that one of the shower flowers made it into the room too. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I ADORE that quilt! Quilts are my favorite!! I think that when my kids are grown, I'll start quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE Allie's room! I hope I have a girl one day to make a room as sweet as that one for! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive