Monday, April 26, 2010

discipline

it is not a fun word, BUT it is soo good for us. with the help of lance, i have begun to get out of my "mother of an infant" stage. after all, Riley is over a year old! :) what that means in this house is earlier bed times, no snooze buttons, longer time in God's word, and exercise. it has been so refreshing to my body and my SOUL!!
lance and i have both taken a challenge to read 30 chapters a week. so we pick a book of the bible (i've chosen I Cor.) and divide it up so that we read 30 chapters that week. for example: i read I Cor. 1-5 for six days last week and this week I am reading 6-10. it helps me in two ways: 1. i become very familiar with the text (almost memorizing it in some parts) and 2. you don't miss much... you see the details, themes, repeated issues, etc.

one of my favorite verses so far has been 2:4-5:
"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on GOD'S POWER!"
as far as exercising goes... that comes much harder for me. i'm simply not motivated and i get bored really quickly. because of my issues, i have a rotating schedule going: wii fit on mondays, bike ride on tuesdays, 30 day shred on wednesdays, bike ride on thursdays, walk on fridays, break on saturdays, walk on sundays. i'm walking and bike riding 2 miles now, but hope to up it soon.... the time is the hard part.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! I am finally taking time for myself. We will help each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a year to start exercising after Lydia too. I know that you'll start to enjoy the exercise soon! (P.S. It's not fair that you always look so great regardless of whether or not you exercise!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Mandy. I've been using Gabe as an excuse to put myself on hold and it's definitely time to move on! Thanks for posting about this. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only mom not doing it "all".

    ReplyDelete

leave us a note

Blog Archive